Make this classic Southern comfort food in your Instant Pot! This kitchen gadget is so versatile, you can prepare this dinner in under an hour. Saute your chicken, simmer your flavorful broth, and slow cook your dumplings all in one pot for a perfectly warm and cozy meal. Get the recipe: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276647/instant-pot-chicken-and-dumplings/
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
1 bay leaf
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 pound bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
1/2 teaspoon thyme (optional)
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup frozen petite peas
1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Pour the olive oil into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as an Instant Pot(R)) and select the Saute function. Cook onion, carrot, celery, and bay leaf until the vegetables are soft and the onion has turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, chicken thighs, chicken breasts, thyme, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 9 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
3. Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove the chicken pieces with tongs and place them in a bowl to cool slightly; discard bay leaf.
4. Mash butter with the flour to make a smooth paste; set aside.
5. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl for the dumplings. Cut in cold butter until mixture is the texture of cornmeal. Stir in parsley and set aside.
6. Shred cooled chicken and return to the pot. Taste the broth and adjust the seasoning if needed. Add peas and green beans. Stir in the flour-butter paste. Select Saute function to bring broth back to a boil.
7. Pour buttermilk into the dumpling mixture and stir until combined. Drop the dumpling dough by heaping spoonfuls on top of the stew; a small cookie scoop works well.
8. Cover pot with the lid, leaving the steam vent open. Select Slow Cooker function and simmer on Low, covered, until dumplings are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. A skewer inserted in the center of a dumpling should come out clean.
#instantpot #chickenanddumplings #instantpotdinner
Subscribe to Allrecipes @ http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=allrecipes
Allrecipes Magazine is now available!
U.S. subscribers, subscribe here: http://armagazine.com/subscribenow
Canadian subscribers, subscribe here: http://themeredithstore.ca/p-282-allrecipes-subscription.aspx