I have created this dish for breakfast making use of the left-over pho noodles in the refrigerator. It came out better than I expected: crispy, fragrant and tasty. To balance out the greasiness, I added some picked carrot and daikon (It’s great to have this in the refrigerator anytime) and voila, brilliant combination! It relates to a Southern Chinese-influenced snack called “bột chiên” (Fried rice flour cakes with eggs) which is one of my favorites. To fry the noodles, too little oil is not enough to make it crispy, too much oil might make it soggy. So pour vegetable oil just enough to cover the base of the pan.
This recipe is in my “Simply Pho” Cookbook https://amzn.to/2vQtSCU
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: 10 minutes
YIELD: 1 Serving
SKILL LEVEL: very easy
1 large egg
1 teaspoon fish sauce
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
5 1/2 ounces (150g) fresh or cooked pho noodles, separated
1 scallion, chopped
Pickled carrot and daikon
1. Crack the egg in a small bowl. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Beat well
2. Fill a 9-inch (22cm) frying pan with just enough vegetable oil to cover the base and heat to 375°F (180°C). Keep the heat to medium and spread the pho noodles over the pan.
3. Fry till slightly golden brown on both sides. Pour in the beaten egg and fry till the egg solidifies, adding chopped scallion halfway through.
4. Serve with a squirt of hot sauce and some picked shredded carrot and daikon.
►Subscribe for NEW VIDEO EVERY FRIDAY: http://goo.gl/upfRRU (Click the BELL icon to get notified on your phone as soon as a video is uploaded)
► GET MY COOKBOOKS: http://danangcuisine.com/cookbook/
► If my videos have helped you in some or many ways, you are welcome to contribute to make it even better. I will use the funding to improve the video quality and hire more people to produce more and better content for you to enjoy. Support my channel on a recurring basis on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/helenrecipes
►If you recreate any of my recipes, please share a photo of your food on social media by inserting #HelenRecipes. I’m looking forward to seeing it!
Come say hi:
● Instagram: http://instagram.com/helenrecipes/
● Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Helenrecipes
Music from Youtube music library/Audio Network